Junie's Place: Bruce Cockburn (Another Canadian artist!!)

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bruce Cockburn (Another Canadian artist!!)



Another performer I listened to a lot in the mid-70s is Bruce Cockburn!


My son~ a teenager at the time~ would often present me with music to listen to and was delighted when he found something for me that I really liked!


Bruce Cockburn was one such artist!


The album I remember best was his 'In the Falling Dark.' During that time Bruce Cockburn's lyrics usually had a little bit of a religious touch to them...or at least a praise and recognition for our creation!


... I remember a few songs from that album....'Lord of the Star Fields' and 'Little Sea Horse,' come to mind! And of course, 'In the Falling Dark.'


I have not kept up with his career a lot, in recent years but understand that in his own homeland (Canada) he has remained very popular!


From my research I learn that the album I remember is among his best works! :)

No wonder I was so impressed all those years ago!!


Go here for the song list and samples of all the songs on that album!


~~~


In addition to being a great poet/lyricist, Bruce Cockburn is one very fine guitarist, as this video demonstrates!


'Water Into Wine,' is also from the above mentioned album!





Hope you enjoyed this! I have been enthused in exploring the music of Bruce Cockburn again!



Love,

Junie



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:04 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

OMG

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol!


YEP!

I know and love a lot of Bruce Cockburn's music!


Junie

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

I don't blog or visit for a couple of days and it feels like I've been away for a month! lol

Glad to see that you've been enjoying Bruce Cockburn's music...I've never been a big fan of his but I can appreciate what a fine guitarist he is:-) I think I have his Christmas CD somewhere...will look for it and if I find it, will let you know and send it to you if you want it!

Take care dear friend. xoxo

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

I missed you on the weekend! Happy you're back in blogland!

:) You are sooo generous (offering me the Cockburn Christmas cd) but I have it already! That is - if it's the one where he's sitting out in the snow in a white lawn chair...
Same one- right??

I liked Cockburn, mainly, for his lyrics! (I love words- ya know! haha.) But- yes- he really is a good guitar player, too!

Hugs)))

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home