Junie's Place: Thinking of mom ~ 2008

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thinking of mom ~ 2008


Mom has been gone, now, more than 5 years...and I still think of her every day! And she's on my mind more than ever as this Mother's Day draws near!

This was one Mother's Day we had together ... Mom was almost always with us on special days!

I miss you, Mom!



I wrote this in memory of our sweet Ma-Ma!
It's been posted a few times here but this is for Mom so I'm putting it here again! The roses I saved were the last ones we could give her!

~~~


Mom’s Last Roses


These are Mom’s last roses.
I kept a little part
of all the roses given,
from every grieving heart.

I handled them so gently
and dried them - as you see.
I found the perfect basket-
arranged them carefully.

I found the sweetest ribbon,
and made this fancy bow-
attaching it, expertly!
It had to be - just so!

It had to turn out special,
and easily convey…
how much I do still love her
and miss her every day!

These are Mom’s last roses.
They’ll always be a part
of all my memories of her
and the sorrow in my heart.


June Kellum
Sept. 2005

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 11:19 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ I do hope you have caught the mouse by now. They are not nice in the house/ I see you ar feeling sad about your Mother, as I am.Thanks for your comments and I am glad you liked the jokes. Take care, dear June and Have a lovely Mother's Day. Love, Merle.

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Junie,
What a beautiful poem. I was always in another state and unable to be with my Mom on Mother's Day for many many years. Tomorrow she will sit down to dinner at my home with my brother and I.
Happy Mother's Day to you!

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Donna said...

What a beautiful tribute to you Mother sweetie...Happy Mother's Day to you!!hughugs

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh, Junie,
The poem and those roses show just how much she is missed. I am so glad you had such a wonderful mother, and I am sad that you've been without her for five years now.

I hope your Mother's Day is wonderful. You are very blessed to have a great family, and you are a great blessing to them. I know you are very loved. I hope you get lots of hugs tomorrow!

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,

Yes, feeling a little sad but I guess that's to be expected at these times.

There's no sign of the mouse so I don't know what to think about that. Maybe he left the way he came! I HOPE so!


Thanks for your good wishes . We're having all the family here tomorrow , so that will be fun!

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carletta,

:) So happy you'll be with your mom this time! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!


Junie

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Donna,

Thanks for reading my 'Mom' stuff.
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!



Junie

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Jamie Dawn,

Thanks for your sweet comments!

Hope your Mother's Day is perfect for you.

Junie

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger Doug Bagley said...

very nice tribute to your mom. And a Happy Mothers' Day to you!

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger dot said...

I love your poem. It's beautiful.
Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Skye said...

That is one of my absolute favorite poems of yours, Junie! I know you will always love and miss your mom. She was lucky to have you, you know! As you were to have her too.

Happy Mothers' Day to you!!

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye

Doug

and

Dot


Thanks to you all for your greetings and nice words.

:)

Hope you all are having a happy day today!

Junie

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Your beautiful poem touches my heart. (HUGS)

 
At 11:00 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

Thank you very much.

I'm happy if my poems touch folks in some way.

Hope you're having a good day.


Hugs))


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home