Junie's Place: SMILE! Mirror, Mirror ... and 'The Who'

Saturday, December 06, 2008

SMILE! Mirror, Mirror ... and 'The Who'

Here's a little something to make you smile!

Got this from a niece ( Connie) in an email today and I thought it was very cute and funny!


******





(Pictures from Wikipedia)

Shrek, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were all having lunch together.

Shrek said, 'I have always thought that I'm the strongest man in the world, but how can I be sure?'

Angelina Jolie agreed. 'I'm told I'm the most gorgeous of them all, but sometimes I wonder.'

Brad Pitt said, 'I'm pretty sure I'm the sexiest man alive but I've never had it confirmed.'

They all decided that the best way to find out if their beliefs were true was to ask the famed talking 'mirror, mirror on the wall' to confirm for them whether Shrek was the strongest, Angelina Jolie was the most gorgeous and Brad Pitt was the sexiest.

They agreed to meet again
the next day for lunch to discuss their findings.

The next day Shrek walked up with a smile. 'Well, true. The mirror told me that I am the strongest man in the world.'

Brad Pitt perked up and said: 'And I know for sure that I'm the sexiest man alive.'

But Angelina Jolie lifted her sad, gorgeous face and said.. ................................

" Who the heck is JUNIE ROSE ?"
"grin"
HEY!!

I said it was a little something to make you SMILE...NOT ROTF and LOL at the absurdity of it all! haha!

Oh,well!


~~~~

(...didn't see that coming did ya? I didn't either!)

Now, change my name to
yours and send to all your friends.)


~~~

This joke about Mirrors and pondering about our good looks - etc... brought to mind the music I was listening to last night!

Once again I picked 'The Who' to help me unwind! I was watching some Youtubes of concerts- old and new!

This joke reminded me of a song, written by Pete Townshend! It's titled 'Real Good Looking Boy' and , supposedly, is about Elvis Presley. Pete (or the guy in the song) is wondering if, maybe, he is as good looking as Elvis! :) Not likely, Pete - but you sure can play that guitar and write great songs!!




As you know 'The Who' is my #1 classic rock band! Very often I get the urge to have me a 'WHO' night of music! Last night was a good one! :)

The music in this video is great- and I enjoyed all the pictures of the band-especially the old ones of the original 4 members of The Who!

( Thanks go to Kunimoonie ~ Youtube )


Enjoy!


Junie Rose


Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I thought that was pretty cute. And I guess the mirror thinks you're cute too. :)

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL-

Boy, do I have that ole mirror fooled, eh!!

Thanks for coming by!


Junie Rose

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You ARE gorgeous!
Angelina, step aside... here comes Junie!!!

:-)

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

This was really fun Junie! It sure made me smile!

 
At 11:09 PM , Blogger dot said...

No, I did not see that coming. Good joke Junie Rose!

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)



Thanks,

Jamie D.

Carletta

and

Dot!

Anything goes for a laugh at Junie
s Place! haha

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

And what's so funny? You are beautiful!! I especially like the blue, almost mystical, special lighting. I wonder if Angelina has ever had that in any of her movies...yeah, probably. Love, Joy

 
At 1:06 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

Thanks-;) but it was just for a joke!

I DO have fun with that camera that's part of my Mac, tho! :)

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

LOVE the mirror, mirror!!!!! You by far are much more gorgeous than Angelina baby....I can't stand the woman. Or could you guess. LOL

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Sally said...

HAHAHAHA I LOVE It!!! You're beautiful, Junie Rose; poor Angie. :)

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL

Thanks, Anni and Sally!

Yep- poor Angie doesn't have a chance against my 'Mac Picture Program!' hahaha

Junie (being silly)

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Angelina ain't got 'nuthin on You Miss Junie!!Hahaa...How fun!! Hope your Sunday is Wonderful!! Hows Hubby getting along these days???hughugs

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

HAHAHA!

Thanks for visiting, Donna!

C. is doing ok- far as we can tell-


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home