Junie's Place: Sky Watch Friday~ Feb 13, 2009

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sky Watch Friday~ Feb 13, 2009



It's Sky Watch Friday again!

Go here for more sky pictures around the world!


~~~


This may not be the most spectacular sky shot but this picture sure brings back good memories for me!

This was taken at Old Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, Ca ~
January, 1986.


My husband and I had made our first trip ever to Ca to visit our daughter and son-in-law
( stationed at Fort Ord, military base)
and our first 2 grandsons!
The boys were ages 3 and 1 year at that time
and until quite recently had lived with us in Miami.

This was an intriguing trip for us...
seeing for the first time, the west coast of our country!


(and especially, seeing our boys again!)


Junie



Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Blogger Guy D said...

Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger chrome3d said...

It has so old atmosphere. Must have been scanned from paper copy, which gives such different feeling than digital photo.

I choosed Slave To Love as my background song.

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger Judy said...

What a beautiful picture, June. It looks like something that should be framed and hanging on a wall. I love it. Happy Valentine's Day to you. Have a great weekend.

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful skywatch photos. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger Carol said...

This is a great photo! Beautiful sky...love the boats...nice reflection...also like your 1972 pic...

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger dot said...

That's a beautiful picture! Looks like something you could frame and hang on the wall.

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Dot and Judy!

I really like this shot too.

Funny- at the time I was more interested in my grand babies than I was the scenery of Monterey! :)


Junie

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carol,

Thanks and welcome to my blog!

Yes, I like that picture a lot...funny I hadn't looked at it in years! (It looks almost like a painting!)

Also-thanks for the comment on the old photo of me! :) I love playing around with old photos!

Will visit your site soon>


Junie

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for visiting.


Junie

 
At 11:29 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

Good tunes JR.
I laughed about the horse below. Take from one who has 10 horses on the farm. They're mostly all of the same value. It's near zero.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Hi Cliff,


Yep, I have picked up on you not being much of a horse lover!

Well, I think WE (C. & I ) just started a little too late in being a horse owner! This is the first one we've ever had!!

Hey, glad you like the music.


JR

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home