Junie's Place: Sky Watch Friday ~ July 17, 2009 ~ 'Magnolia'

Friday, July 17, 2009

Sky Watch Friday ~ July 17, 2009 ~ 'Magnolia'

~~~





~~~


I love this Magnolia bloom against the blue sky!



~~~~

...And I love this beautiful song by Dan Fogelberg!

Oh, how I miss Dan!

~~
Enjoy this vid along with me!





Sweet Magnolia (And The Traveling Salesman)

Lyrics: Dan Fogelberg

Two hearts throwing off sparks
Young and in love with our freedom
Moonlight, the soft southern nights
We were both ripe to fall
Well I was out on my own
Playing for all who would listen
And you were as free as a bird
Flying from nest to nest
But somewhere our eyes met
And our hands reached out
And we felt a kindred spirit
And as our faces touched
I could feel the fire
And needed so to just be near it
Oh lord, those moments we soared
Borne on the wings of our passion
It seemed then like they'd never end
But times like that always must '
Cause then one day I flew far away from you
I never knew how I'd regret it
My sweet Magnolia belle you know I've loved you well
Even if I never said it
Magnolia, now I see that freedom isn't free
And love's the only true redeemer
And when this journey's through
I'll be coming back for you
If you'll have this foolish dreamer
I spend a night now and then passing through town on my travels
But someday I'm gonna come back to stay
Magnolia, I'm coming home




Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

17 Comments:

At 2:50 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Beautiful magnolia blossom, Junie. I have a young magnolia and occasionally get a bloom.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful weekend!! :)

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Louise said...

That is an exquisite capture. I did a bunch of magnolias against the blue sky last summer (they weren't good blooms this year), and I think I like yours better than any of mine. Beautiful.

 
At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pairing of your beautiful photo with this marvelous song ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 3:56 PM , Blogger Shey said...

Nice contrast of the magnolia against the blue sky. :)

Happy skywatching!

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger FO - 2 said...

Lovely! :)

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Hi Junie, I love the new header and I also love Magnolia Trees! I once hauled one from New Orleans all the way to Kentucky in an MGB! Great song and video, too.

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger aspiritofsimplicity said...

This is beautiful. It almost looks artificial.

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Jeri ~ said...

So very pretty and the song is perfect!

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Jeri,

Thanks!
I like the way this one turned out!:)

Happy you enjoyed the Dan Fogelberg song too! :)


Junie

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Just beautiful Junie....Happy weekend to you and Charlie...Hugs, Joy

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Joy!

Hope your weekend is great also!

BTW-Just read your email! I love hearing about those 'Grands' of yours! :)

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hip Chick
Thanks! :) Glad you like it-but it IS real! This was taken last summer.


Junie

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judy,

I've always loved the Magnolia blooms too! My husband didn't like the trees a lot but finally agreed to plant one!( LOL- all southern ladies need a Magnolia tree in their yards!)

Happy you like Dan's music too. I thought it went well with the post of the Magnolia!

Hugs))

Junie

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

Hope you're having a good weekend!

So happy you liked my Magnolia bloom.

Junie

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ALL, for your visits. I'll visit you soon.


Junie

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ I love your magnolia against the blue sky. Lovely shot.
The song and Dan are always great.

Thanks for yor comment and I am glad you liked the little old lady and
her speeding.

I love your nice bright header - so
nice for summer. Take care, my
friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

So nice, Junie--thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home