Junie's Place: About those ducks...

Sunday, July 19, 2009

About those ducks...


I'm pleased so many of you folks liked my duck picture below.

There's much speculation on what they were talking about and was suggested that it might have been a romantic encounter and that a date was being set up between them.

While I can't say for sure I'm almost certain it wasn't romantic - as both these ducks are males!
Notice the curly tail feathers on both? The boys have this kind of tail and the girls do not. :)


These ducks belong to a neighbor of ours, but we have owned ducks in the past so I know a bit about them.

(I gave up raising ducks because they are so defenseless against Hawks... and we have a lot of Hawks out here! But there's nothing cuter than ducks-IMHO! I miss having them around.

~~
I asked Charles what he thought the convo was about. He said he thought one was asking the other..."Where do you go to pick up chicks?" Hmmm...

~~~

PS-We'll be gone for the day (soon) to Orlando for grandson, Zach's , birthday; a fun day!

See you later.


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:06 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yes, it was cute.

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Love the duck photo and the song that is playing. I am a country girl at heart. Hope you are having a good weekend.

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Sally said...

hahahah Gotta love Charles' sense of humor!!

Have a great time today with your family!! :)

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOL love Charles' answer to your question! hehe I think he's right though! lol xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home