Junie's Place: Victory Ride~8~29~'09

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Victory Ride~8~29~'09


~~~

Well...finally we went for a ride on the motorcycle today! It was my first ride in a long while. For one reason or another I just have not been riding with Charles in months! ( mostly I haven't felt physically up to it lately) Have to say, tho, I did enjoy today's ride very much!

It was a beautiful, blue sky day, with
not a cloud in the sky when we started out!

( as we were leaving home )



















We headed out for a Hardee's chicken - biscuit. The only Hardee's left in our town is way out-about a 1/2 hour drive from our place. We went the express way (I-75) and had to roll with the flow of traffic...pretty fast! It was fun and I felt completely safe behind Charles.


We enjoyed our chicken/biscuits and coffee, as we always do. I had just one but C. had more! :)

LOL- It looks like C. is taking his breakfast deal more seriously than me!!














By the time we came out the sky had changed and some dark clouds were showing!

"Utt-ohh!" says Junie Rose!













About that time, too, our daughter called on the cell, saying Alli was coming home for an overnight visit!!
Yaa Hoo! We decided we'd have a dinner at our place for the kids...

K... but we still had our ride ahead...

Not that it was to be a huge deal this time. In the past we have taken all day rides...or 5-6 hour rides, anyway. But I knew I'd not feel like such a long ride, since I had not ridden in awhile!

We rode south, ending up in Summerfield and then Belleview and then on homeward.

Luckily, that dark cloud did not produce rain after all, so we had a very nice ride.

Charles' ultimate destination was this junk yard of old farm tractors and such! He was looking for a Bush Hog type mower implement for cutting the pasture! LOL-Yes-of course he found one!
(He made a trip back with a trailer to get it!)





SO ~ we had Tina,Dan and Bri, Alli- and our son Chris for dinner! Served the BBQ we had in the freezer that we had bought in Alabama! ( :) - made it easy on myself)

Oh~Alli is very excited about her college life unfolding! :) It's a pleasure to see such enthusiasm!

I'm so happy she's close enough to be able to come home as often as she wishes; not every weekend, I'm sure, but often. It was mighty fine seeing our girl today - and we will see her again tomorrow!

It was a good day and one I am thankful for.


Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:17 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Look at your guys....I love when you and Charles go for a Victory ride. I guess it has been a while, hasn't it? With all the little places you take us to, I always feel like I've been out there with you....thanks Junie. Hugs, Joy

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger Donna said...

What a wonderful ride!!! Wish I could have joined y'all!!hughugs

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Glad you had such a super day, Junie! I love your Victory ride posts... you always look like you're having so much fun! The pic of you and the dark cloud is hilarious! Glad you got to see Alli too. :)

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, look at how happy you look to have gone on a Victory ride:-) Sounds like it was a perfect day and that chicken and biscuit looks soooo delicious, well worth the 1/2 hour ride I'm sure!!

Good to hear how thrilled Alli is about college. This is such an exciting time in her life and I wish her nothing but the best! Glad she was able to come home for a visit already:-)

I would look at those farming implements and have noooo idea what anything is! lol xoxo

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'll bet it was good to get out on the bike and good to end up at Hardee's too.

 
At 10:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

Yes, it was good to ride again!

lol- and yes-my chicken-biscuit was great!!

Thanks,


Junie

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy, Donna, Skye, Pea,

Thanks all you gals for stopping by!

I appreciate you all very much!

Will visit you soon.


Hugs))


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home