Junie's Place: Old friends and memories

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Old friends and memories

Recently on Facebook there have been a lot of nostalgic memories being surfaced and passed around among some folks! 'Way Back' day brought pics to be posted from early days by a lot of people. It's been a lot of fun...of the bittersweet kind, to be honest; for who among us does not have mixed emotions of our youth?

Not long ago an old school friend (a friend of my sister, actually) found my name on 'Classmates.'
I had joined that website years ago, hoping to find some of my girlfriends from Jr. High.

Thomas (Tommy) and my sister were in 3-4 grade together. I knew him too, but I was a couple grades ahead. He recognized our name and emailed me...LOL- and as they say,'The Rest is History!'
We were all 3 happy to connect with someone from our 'Way back' days.

Turns out we are all on FB-. It's been fun talking about old-OLD- times and comparing who we remember - in common! There's something very special about meeting up again with someone who grew up in your own little town-went to your schools and knows, at least some of the same people!
(LOL - If we can get the names to fit the faces!!)


Our friend sent me this in an Email tonight...very fitting, I thought!




Life is full of surprises!

(this just happens to be a youtube I've played often)


Junie

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Sally said...

How wonderful, Junie. It truly is amazing to find old, OLD friends. :)

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger tamitch1943 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:40 PM , Blogger tamitch1943 said...

Thanks Junie. You touched my heart with this one. :)
Tommy

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've also enjoyed seeing everyone's old pictures and as you say, the memories they have brought back of our youth certainly is bittersweet. So often I wish we could go back to these days when life was so simple. How fun that you were able to reconnect with an old school friend:-) Love this song!! xoxo

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Tommy,

Thanks for coming by. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this! :) It's been fun talking of the old days!


Junie

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally

and

Pea

Thanks for coming by! Yah-amazing to remember the old days and connect with someone from the WAY BACK!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home