Junie's Place: Snow in Ocala!

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Snow in Ocala!

___

When we got up to get ready for our day trip to Winter Haven to visit the folks...THIS is what we saw! Yes - SNOW in Ocala!

We saw flurries, off and on, the 2 hours it took us to get to my cousins house.There was small amounts of snow on some roofs and along the roadside and on cars! One car passed us with a build-up of snow and with a small snowman some enthused person had built- riding on the trunk! :) You got to understand this snow thing is a novelty for us here in Florida! :)

When we got to my cousins house my sister Joy and her husband were already there. ( C. and I had stopped for breakfast at a Hardee's!) The others arrived in about an hour!

We got a few pics of us all together before going out to eat at Red Lobster!


My cousin (center) and my 2 nieces (sisters)

L-R-Diane-Inez-Evie



The guys

L-R-Clyde (B-I-L)-
Charles-Mike (B-I-L)-John(Nephew thru marriage to my niece,Diane)



The girls!

Joy (sis), Gloria (sis), June




June-Joy-Inez (cousin)



OK-

...So we're home and facing another cold, cold night! My cats are all inside tonight because I don't have the heart to put them on the porch...I sure hope they don't mess up too badly while I'm sleeping! Got a litter pan set up for them so hope they will use it! My cats are not 100% indoor cats (except for Lucy.) but they like being in, in this cold weather. The 2 big guys have found a cozy, soft spot on my living room couch .

BTW-Lucy seems to be getting back to normal and is eating and drinking water...still rests a lot but she's found a good spot for that beside the fridge... I put a pad there for her. She likes the extra warmth of that motor running. She discovered that spot a few days ago! (Smart little cat!)

Chris and Joy were just here to get water...seems their water pipes have frozen ...hopefully Not burst! Oh, man!!

I will be happy to see the end of this cold weather!


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 1:04 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Cats love comfort. Glad you guys enjoyed the snow though.

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

WOW! You got a little snow. It's a novelty here too for me, but not for anyone else. I hope it warms up there soon Junie for the sake of your cats and the farmers so that they don't lose their crops. I saw on TV where someone in your area collected up every single snowflake and made a 5 inch tall snowman. It was cute.
Our temp last night was 8 but four of our cats are strickly outside cats and are used to the cold, but when the weather dips this low, because of one sick & old cat outside, I gave her a heated blanket to lay on. All of the other cats have joined her and that helps all the cats keep warm when they huddle together.
I hope that your cats didn't make a mess while being inside. We have 3 cats who stay primarily in the house during the winter months only going out to do their business.

Stay warm dear friend.

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sandy,

Well, we barely got snow-but for us it's a big deal! :) On the way down to visit relatives in Winter Haven yesterday we saw a small snowman riding on the back of a car trunk! :)

We are not really set up for this kind of cold and our heating/cooling system doesn't do a good job for these temps! 9Cools fine in summer but does not heat well enough) I went to bed late last night with my feet icy cold!

Lol- This Fl girl has had enough of cold!

My old boys (cats) were happy to get out again early this morning-but they sure enjoyed the cozy haven last night!

Take care and keep warm!

Hugs))
Junie

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

;) bet your laughing at the excitement over this teeny bit of snow we got! :)

LOL-I wouldn't want much more of this winter weather!

Take care-I'll visit you soon and see some REAL snow-I'm betting!:)


Junie

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Awesome pictures, Junie! I'm so glad you all had a great time, and a safe trip. SNOW!! How great! :)

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I still can't get over snow in Fla. Hope that the crops aren't ruined yet. Take care and keep warm.

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Love the pictures Junie...

I know this little bit of snow is a lot for you guys....we've got about 4 or 5 inches right now; and it's pretty darn cold out there too...and dropping as I type. Stay warm sweetie... Hugs, Joy

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your relatives Junie! Getting to eat at Red Lobster too!! Yum!!

I'm sure the snow is exciting for folks in FL. I hate it that people lose their crops though due to the freezing. I hope not too much damage is done. A little snowman on the trunk sounds cute!!

I just posted a picture of 2 of my cats sleeping in this cold! They are snuggled up together!

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Snow - how exciting when you normally don't see it.
Lovely shots of family! Most people don't document gatherings anymore - sad. I know I take at least one shot at every event.

I have you beat when it comes to cold - down to 6 last night. BRRR...

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

It's really been unbelievable how some States that don't usually get snow and cold temps, have been getting both! It's no wonder the price of oranges have gone up! lol

I'm so glad you were still able to make it to your cousin's, loved seeing all the pictures:-) You have such a beautiful family.

Your cats must really be wondering what the heck is going on with the weather! lol I only have two I'm still feeding (one from last year and one from last April, both toms and proving hard to trap!!!) and I guess they're so used to the cold here, it doesn't seem to be affecting them. xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home