Junie's Place: George

Thursday, January 14, 2010

George





My comments to my Blog Lady friends on the recent Beatles discussion...

( see post below this one-for their comments )

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ladies,


George really found himself AFTER the band broke up! He had greater success than any of them - post Beatles-IMO



Well, I have to admit that I only became a big Beatles fan in recent years.

When C. and I were first married we listened only to country music-(His choice) and it was ok with me because I was mostly into my 3 babies and music was not that important to me! :)

lol- well- HOW did I get off on all that?? Oh well-That's me!

3:01 PM

~~~~

Oh- but in recent years I have done a lot of catching up with my music!

How COOL that I have so much music to explore- that was almost totally unknown to me in the early years!!

Anyway- last night I had a very special music listen of Youtubes... continued with Paul- Post Beatles-but ended the night with George Harrison during the same period!

OK-

Here's a great song by George Harrison!

~

"I rest my case!"

:)





Junie

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

The Beatles and other bands popular during their time were favorites of my children. My music favorites go way back beyond the Beatles years.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

On the mention of the Beatles....
I know Ringo wasn't the popular one and doesn't have the musical talent of the others (great drummer) BUT, I love his new duet with Paul 'When I Walk With You'.
I heard it on TV the other night and keep going to the YouTube to listen.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta,

I'll have to check that out...haven't seen it at all.

Oh yah-Ringo was/is a good drummer...
and my Beatles fans friends would claim great love and loyalty to Ringo- even after all these years!
"Ringo is just Ringo and lovable!' they say! :)

:) as for me-... I say-as a band Beatles had a great thing going and those short years insured them all fame from that time on (no matter the quality of what they did later)

...so everything is treasured to Beatles fans.

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Bev,


I wasn't much into music in those times-but enjoy it all now! It's all part of our history and it's interesting to see how music evolved over the years!


Junie

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Donna said...

I miss George...I think he had the BEST voice of them all and he was SO underused...
Thanks Junie for this blast from the past!hughugs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home