Junie's Place: Our Easter ~ 2010 ( family interest )

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Our Easter ~ 2010 ( family interest )

Our Easter Day turned out to be a wonderful time for all of us!

As you will notice I just couldn't let go my tradition of making colored eggs with all our names on them...even though my kiddies have long since outgrown the age for hunting eggs! I did these late last night. "Love always," says one or 2... intended for all the ones I love.


When I went to bed -finally- late last night I was still not feeling well but when I awoke early today I was much improved! :) A new, bright day was waiting for me!

Early today I asked Charles to come with me to look at the spectacular display of the Azaleas blooming in our front yard.

This is a double row of bushes that we planted more than 20 years ago when we first moved into our house here. This hedge of Azaleas measures approx. 25 ft in length.

This year the plants are
awesome- an almost solid wall of pink -with blooms overlapping each other and with very little green showing !

I just wanted to get some pictures to show how beautiful they are-and also how tall and wide! :) This beauty does not last long (They only have one spread of blooms) but I want to enjoy every day they are in bloom! I have big bouquets of them , all through the house! :)




:) I blend right in with the flowers-in my matching blouse!






~~~

Our day was blessed with visiting with the family- but we missed the ones who could not be with us today.


Here are some pics of all of us today:


Charles & June

Our 4 grand kids- Alli, Zach, Dan, Brian -and Alli's friend, Mario.
My daughters, Tammy and Tina and daughter-in-law, Joy.

:) and some of our yummy food! :)














Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:24 AM , Blogger Skye said...

I'm so glad you had a good day in the end, Junie! Didn't want you to be sick for Easter! Who is the scribbly egg for... any snakes that might show up in your kitchen? Ha ha! Those azaleas are amazing - I've never seen any that thick and beautiful before! Thanks for taking pics of them. :)

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Well, I didn't really think about that scribbly egg- but I guess it must have been for the snakes!

Thanks, Skye- Hope your family had a good day!

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The azaleas are fantastic.

Glad you're feeling better.

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, AC.

Oh, yes! The Azaleas are truly amazing this time!

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, I am SO glad that you were feeling so much better on Easter Day! And you even made your coloured eggs:-) It's amazing all we do for the love of our family!! I so enjoyed looking at all the photos, all those smiling faces proof of the fun time they were having.

Omigosh, your Azaleas are absolutely stunning! My mouth dropped opened when I saw those pictures, so very beautiful!! xoxo

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger dot said...

I sometimes wonder if anyone dyes eggs any more. Yours are very pretty and your azaleas are gorgeous!! Enjoyed seeing all the photos of your family. A late "Happy Easter".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home