Junie's Place: Chris' Birthday-and family gathering (for the family)

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chris' Birthday-and family gathering (for the family)

~~~

Today is my son's birthday. We were happy to have several of the family here to celebrate.

My daughter, Tammy, has her birthday on Oct 1st- (3 years younger than Chris)  Since the birthdays were close together- several times during the childhood years I had  combined parties for them ...

I remember 2 of these times in particular...when they were 2 and 5...and then again at ages 9 and 12, (maybe!)   Lol-I do remember in that latter party I had a game that entailed tying balloons to the kids ankles and then all trying to break the balloons by stepping on them! Of course the one left standing with an unbroken balloon won a prize!

  Oh my!! Imagine a bunch of 12 year old boys against a bunch of 9 year old girls.  Total chaos it was....especially when the boys somehow got hold of some pins to pop the balloons!  :)

(NOT TOO COOL, GINGA!!) LOL!!


Anyway, I remembered that party today, as I had both these birthday 'kids' here together-and my other daughter, Tina.

(Not all of the family could be here.)

This party today was  subdued and small- and I got only a few pics. No one was in moods for pictures, apparently. I did get some of Chris, though, with his wife, Joy.



All of us who were here today:
 (all not pictured)


June and Charles

Tammy and Terry-Daughter and SIL

Chris and Joy-Son and DIL
Tina~Daughter

Joy and Mike-Sister and BIL

Alli and Brian-Grandkids

Cooper - Alli's pup


(click on pics to enlarge)








 Happy Birthday Chris!


~~


These pictures are from our trip to visit Tammy, Terry and Zach on Friday, Sept 17th.

~Tammy, Terry, Zach, Charles and June~
AND
~ Mittens and Windsor-the cats of the family~

One of me as we were leaving home- one of C. when we stopped at the lake- the rest at Tammy's place.


(Click on pics to enlarge)



Love,
Junie
(Ginga)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:25 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ah yes, the good old balloon popping game.

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi AC,

:) Yes! Always fun, ehh?

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Hmm.. I think maybe you ought to have brought out the balloons again to liven things up, Ginga!! :D

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

hahaha! Skye-Maybe you're right!

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I thought for sure you were going to say that you had them play that again this year! LOL Happy belated Birthday to your handsome son Chris!! Loved seeing all the pictures and all those smiles, looks like they were having a fun time:-) xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home