Junie's Place: Frankie's Pizza ~The best!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Frankie's Pizza ~The best!!

~~~

On Father's Day our daughter, Tina, surprised her dad with 10 boxes of Frankie's Pizza- shipped all the way from Miami!

  

OK- You might wonder why anyone would go to such expense for pizza...and you might wonder also..."Are there no pizza places in that little town of Ocala?"  The answer is-yes, of course, we do have pizza places here...Pappa John's- Pizza Hut  etc-etc... but-believe me folks-there's none to come any where near Frankie's!







(more of our Father's Day pics on my FB page)

Frankie's was a big part of our lives all through the years- It is something etched deep in our family's memories - as it is with countless others who lived in the Miami and south Dade Co. areas...from the late 1950's to present time!

My first encounter with Frankie's 
was in 1958. I believe this was about a year after this Pizza business was born!
  After Charles and I married we often went there with the kids.This was strictly a take out restaurant and we would get the pizza and eat it right there in the parking lot on the tail gate of our Chevy station wagon!  I don't think my husband or my son Chris ever got all they wanted of Frankie's, even though we'd get 3  of the biggest boxes! Everyone coveted that sample piece that was always put on top of the box! LOL- Something worth fighting over...because...as with everything, isn't the first always best?


This story of Frankie's success with his pizza is fascinating!  It was a family operation and still is to this day. Sadly, Frankie and his wife are both gone now but the business is still going strong!

There has been a book written  about Frankie's Pizza business and also a video made!
Tina gave her dad a copy of the book and I plan to get the video too- LOL-In fact there are 2 versions of the video; one is a censored -family friendly- version, the other one is Frankie uncensored!
  OK- I want the Real Deal Frankie!

~The book~ 

  
(a small part of the video)
 This was after Frankie had the stroke.


I'm so glad this project was undertaken.  This is priceless to those of us who had a part in this history of Frankie's Pizza!

THIS is a true success story!
What an inspiration!



Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 4:06 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh my goodness, Junie, I'm sittin' hear eating popcorn but I'd really LOVE to have Frankie's pizza!!

That was so sweet of Tina!!

(((hugs)))

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Gosh that looks good!
I find sometimes the mom and pop places are so much better than the chain stores. :)

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I loved the video, what a wonderful man he seemed to be...had to giggle when he talks about all the women throwing themselves at him when he was younger! lol Too cute! No doubt Charles was thrilled when he opened up that box filled with Frankie's pizzas:-) I love stories like this of ordinary people who make it big with a product they really believe in. I can well imagine the memories it brought back while eating that pizza:-) xoxo

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all of you! :)

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Wow...you're going to have pizza for a looooong time Junie. I have to say....it looks really good.

 
At 8:18 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Did the pizzas arrive hot? If not you should complain vigorously. lol

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL-AC- Nahh- they have to ship it 'Half baked!'

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, All, for your comments! LOL-No, Joy, that pizza was gone in 2 days! We ate most of it on Father's Day.

 
At 2:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to Mention They renamed Bird Road/SW 40 Street from SW 89 Avenue to SW 92 Avenue as “Frank Pasquarella Way”.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anonymous,

Yes-I forgot to mention that! :) You see, I've been away from Miami for 23 years now - but I was aware of that fact. What an honor for Frankie and his family, ehh! :)

This is an amazing American success story!!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home