Junie's Place: Elvis

Monday, February 06, 2006

Elvis






Many people thought my husband looked like Elvis Presley in his young years. I thought so too...
Even his baby (little boy) pictures looked like Elvis!

Charles says it's the other way around-that ELVIS looked like HIM ! :)

Last year I got as a gift from my daughter a collector doll of Elvis as a child!
The actual picture of Elvis that came with the doll and one of Charles looks sooo much alike!

What do you think?

Elvis and my husband are both from the south -and were almost the same age (both born in 1935)

Charles was always an Elvis fan, but he thinks of Elvis as a country singer, whereas, I think of him as "King of Rock & Roll!"
(At least until the Beatles came along :) )

As a young man, Charles looked a lot like Elvis, too!

...And of course, I was always a BIG Elvis fan! :)


Photo #1- Me with my Elvis doll (Jan. '06)


Photo #2- Elvis in 1937 at age 2 years


Photo #3- Charles in 1939 at age 4 years

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:41 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

There is a definate resemblance between the two - no wonder you like him. :) ec

 
At 10:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) for sure! And just wait until I post the grown-up Elvis look-a- like!


June

 
At 4:35 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I have to agree Junie...definitely a resemblence. How cool. Elvis was always one of my favorite people. Tell Charles...I agree....Elvis looks like HIM!

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) -That will please him!

Junie

 
At 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw Gabbo was so cuteeee.
Still is now of course!
But yeah, he looks just like the baby elvis picture! haha



Alli

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yep, he was and is!! :)

That baby picture looks a lot like your brother, too!

One more Elvis connected post coming...

Love,

Ginga

 
At 1:47 AM , Blogger Merle said...

June ~~ Definately your Charles and Elvis look alike. Happily your
hubby is still alive and well!!
Elvis was a great favourite with me too, Have lots of his records, cds, books etc.
Thanks for your words about my family. Did not mean to make you cry. Sometimes a cry helps as much as a good laugh I find. Often
in tears reading the papers.
June, do write about your memories
of your family. Cheers.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

Yes, thankfully, my husband is still here, tho, with some problems.

I'll be writing of my kids and grands from time to time. :) Lots of memories stored up! :)

...now- got to go check up on the blogs :)

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home