Junie's Place: Poem: The Spider And Me

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Poem: The Spider And Me



Here's a little fun poem I wrote last late summer (If you can call getting entangled in spider webs FUN!)

Out of season... but spring and summer will be around again before we know it; that wonderful circle of life!





The Spider and Me


Today I did some gardening.
I snipped and groomed a bit.
Until I walked into his web…
and had to pause and sit!

Oh! Woe is me and double woe...
that yucky - sticky mess!
Untangeling strands of spider silk…
not fun, as you might guess!

I didn’t let it do me in!
I’m stubborn - don’t you see?
And, by heck, I would not let
him get the best of me!

So with my garden hose in hand
I washed his web away.
And sent him scuttling up the tree,
where I truly hope he’ll stay!

If I encounter him again,
I hope not in my face!
I hope he builds much higher up -
for him, a safer place!

Once to be enclosed in silk
is plenty… hope he knows!
Next time - I just might arm myself
with more than garden hose!


June Kellum
Sept. 2005


Photo#2

That's me watering the front entrance garden. My husband surprised me with that new-twisty-garden hose a couple years ago! Looks neat but it didn't work out! Not enough water pressure!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:49 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Those large spiders eat lots of pesky bugs, but I do not like to get a face full of web either. Speaking of webs, I have had a terrible time posting and even commenting for the last couple of days. Thought is was something with my daughter's computer, but I just read that others were having trouble as well. ec

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yes- I have a love-hate relationship with spiders :) Oh- not HATE- but dislike...well -just when I walk into the webs! ...But I LOVE looking at the webs- If I see them before they're in my face!

Yes- I was in a tizzy yesterday- thinking my computer was messed up -AGAIN...not unusual- but, apparently it was something to do with Blogger!

June

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Love your poem June...but, don't love spiders. That's a nice pic of you.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

I don't LOVE them either-but find their webs fascinating-IF I can avoid walking into them! :)

Thanks for visiting me here so often!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home