Junie's Place: ...and-speaking of spiders...

Sunday, February 05, 2006

...and-speaking of spiders...

I can't think of spiders without remembering this little true tale of a close encounter...

Haters of spiders-you should LEAVE now! :) This is a chillin' spider tale!

I live in Florida where spiders thrive (as do so many other pests!) and not just outdoors, where they would have ample room to spin their fancy webs, and trap any tasty dinner of choice! Spiders often choose to reside in our homes here in Florida. Oh, usually, not the big ones with the webs that reach from tree to tree- but the sneaky kind that hide behind our baseboards....and other unexpected places!

One day I had a visit from my sister. As is our way, we each poured our own cup of coffee and were standing around the kitchen, talking of this and that!...NOT about spiders, I'm quite sure, as my sis is one of those haters of spiders!

Suddenly, my sister starts sputtering and spittin' and spewing out coffee! She had poured her coffee in on top of a spider that had ventured into that cup on my counter! Didn't find him until she was taking the last swallow - and he met her teeth! THIS spider was Not one of those little ones, either-but BIG and brown! I don't know how she missed him when she added her cream, but she did!

Oh, my! I hated that! Really!!

( and I bet that spider did too!)

As you can imagine, my sis now checks her cups from my counter- before pouring a cup of coffee- however furtively!
Who could blame her! :) I'm lucky she will still have a cup of coffee with me, I suppose!
(ahhh- but I once saw a spider on her ceiling...so I check her cups too!) :)

This sister will remain un-named- I have 3!!


Junie

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:58 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

I have heard of a strong drink having hair and legs - this puts a new meaning on that those chiches.

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- Yes, it does!

It was a hairy situation, for sure!

 
At 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh I would never be able to drink out of that coffee mug again if that happened to me...You know how much I hate spiders.

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- ALLI- maybe you have anyway!! Didn't you have some hot Chocolate at my house recently? (smile)

Your Ginga

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not cool Ginga...not cool. lol

love you!

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Not Cool?? Ginga!! You Gotta Be kidding, baby girl!! :)

Hey-
Did you see the Elvis posts? Now THAT'S cool!!

Love you,
Ginga

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger ultimutt pet sitting said...

well i already commented and it got lost in cyber space!!!! anyway i think what i said was something about how high my fear level is of spiders -- and that i wouldn't be coming to your house for coffee. or hot chocolate. unless i was invited. and you have done a most awesome job with your blogs. i'm lovin' the pictures and stuff -- feeling like i have known you forever -- and it has been almost four years......and hopefully since i had to type all that twice, ONE of my comments will get there!!!!

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hey Bonnie,

So glad you stopped by!....and I'll double-check before pouring your coffee!! :)

No one will ever see your post -way back here!

LOL- maybe I can come up with another spider story and bring you up to date ! :)

Seriously, come visit as often as you can!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home