Junie's Place: Poem: If Only I Could

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Poem: If Only I Could


ANOTHER POEM OF LOVE...



If Only I Could


All this I would give you
if only I could.

Warm sunshine to soothe you.
A walk in the wood.

Bird song to enchant you.
Soft breezes to caress.

Blue skies to calm you-
to relieve all your stress!

Good friends to surround you-
just those, tried and true.

...And a love for a lifetime
I'd offer to you.

Sweet music to uplift you,
as only it would.

All this I would give you
if only I could.


June Kellum


Photo:

This is at a park where I like to go and walk.
I love that dappled path and it seemed to fit well with the poem's, 'Walk in the wood.'

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:28 PM , Blogger Hale McKay said...

pretty poem .. and indeed that park would inspire poetry.

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks- and yes it does inspire me...
lol- but by the time I'm finished with my walk , the thoughts usually have flown!

June

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Merle said...

June ~~ Another great poem and another great picture. You are doing very well with them.
Thanks for your words on my site.
Glad you are enjoying the poems and family stories.
Have a lovely week ahead.

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger Peter said...

That's a really nice poem June, and a pretty picture too.

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you both, Merle and Peter.

I'm having the time of my life with the blogging- I enjoy reading what others are doing around the world! :)

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home