Junie's Place: Poem: How Do Things Just Slip Away?

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Poem: How Do Things Just Slip Away?



...A sad poem of passing time...



How Do Things Just Slip Away?


How do things just slip away?
In a flash, it all has flown.
What was known just yesterday
-I find, today- is gone.

Looking back on all the years,
those times, again, I long to hold.
Time has passed - my children grown-
and, suddenly, I am old!

Now I need to find new roads,
search out new goals to keep in sight.
Discover things to interest me…
however trivial or trite!

Playing ‘catch-up’ in my life-
while seeking joy and happiness-
is often hard and full of strife.
Sometimes exciting, nonetheless!

I look for beauty in each day.
The blanks I’ve missed, I try to fill.
The music, lost along the way,
I’m trying to make real.

Songs, unsung- books, unread
and friends to share in these, I’ve found!
Still, this way is somewhat strange…
this road on which I’m bound!

Things do change, time slips away.
…And in a blink, I find I’m old…
Time weighs heavy on my heart.
And trite and trivial are my goals.


June Kellum
July 2005


Photo #1

Our grandkids
Oldest to youngest
Dan, Brian, Zach and Alli (1995)


Photo#2

Chris, June (mom) with Tina, Charles(Dad) with Tammy

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:25 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Time does get away so fast, great photos - grands seem to be more fun than kids. :) I am finally back home with the spice in S.C. ec

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ec, happy you made it safely back home!

Yes,grands are just what the name implies! GRAND!! :)
...but my grandkids are all grown up now too- youngest is Alli who is 15 now!
...So I'm a little at loose ends at this time in my life!

June

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Where DOES the time go Junie? Look at that great picture of you and Charles with the kids...doesn't seem that long ago does it? Now your grandchildren are grown and before you know it...your kids will be grandparents...life is a beautiful wonder.

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as in your life are goals
You've norishment to feed the soul.
Important or not in you they reside
To draw you out, bring new life inside!

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

(to Momma)

Thanks!

Very good.

~~~~~~

(To Joy)

Yes, life is beautiful...but I just wish it would slow down a little!! :)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home