Junie's Place: Moth??

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Moth??


I found this big moth in my yard this morning! Well-I assume it's a moth of some kind! Does anyone know what it is?

...And the brownish one is one Charles found a few nights ago. He had gone to Wal-Mart for something...found this one outside the door as he was leaving! Brought it home to show me! After looking at it and getting it's photo, we let it go!

Chas. says the 2 are the same ...that they change color! I'm not sure! Hope to find some info on them...just so I know!
:) Useful information!



Charles has this neat wall he put up when we first moved here, which he has put all manner of junk on- mostly old farm impliments and parts of same! Even has a goat's skull there! It's a great place to find fancy spider webs! That's where this moth was! (not in a web, but on the wall) One day I found a snake against that wall...and those possums found that old birdhouse to live in there! I LOVE checking out that wall! ;)
Maybe I'm kinda weird! Do ya think?






Junie Rose

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:40 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Yeow, that's some big mama-jama moth Junie. Never saw one quite like that....they're kind of cool.

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

YES!! They really are pretty!

Need to find a name for them!

Junie

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad you found out what kind of moths they are.
One needs to know about one's bugs. :)
You don't REALLY want to know if I think you are kind of weird now DO YOU?????

I hope you're having a nice weekend.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Heck yes! I needed to know....because C. was telling me the 2 were the same...that it just changed it's color when it wanted to!!

hahaha- HAD to get to the truth of the matter!

-and- YAH- I can take the truth, JD!
AM I really a weird lady? :)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home