Junie's Place: A big surprise!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A big surprise!

Today I got an email from a childhood friend of my son, Chris!

John and Chris were best friends from about age 11- on through high school- and beyond.

With the passing years they had lost touch...I, personally, had not seen John in almost 20 years. (although my husband saw him
after Hurricane Andrew in 1992...we still had a house in Miami that our daughter was in and Charles had to go down to take care of some business)

It so happened I had asked Chris about this old friend just recently, and he said he didn't know what ever happened to him!

Apparently John had been thinking of our family too, and , thanks to this blog, he found us...found my email address from my blog.

I can't wait to give Chris this news and I'm sure they will want to be in touch.

John's life has taken him to Louisiana ...while Chris is here in Ocala!

Both far removed from that life they knew in SO.Dade-Cutler Ridge Fl- as kids and into young adulthood!

Photos:

#1
Chris and John in Chris' room- with our puppy. ( early 70s)

#2
This is a few years later on Christmas Eve at our house-1979




Thanks for remembering us, John. Hope you find these pics fun to see again! :)

( click on pics to make larger )


Junie

(....ahhh-Mrs. Kellum ))

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 10:16 PM , Blogger Susie said...

How fun that blogging helped you connect with your son's friend!
Did he just do a google search or how did he find your blog?

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

He said he did a search and found my website. I don't understand just how- because it's just Junie's World- not my last name. Lol- surprised he would remember me as June anyway! My kids friends never called me by my first name.

anyway it was nice connecting with him again-

June

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

The computer is an amazing thing - I found a friend from High School a couple of years back that I hadn't seen in about 30 years. ec

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ec,

Yes, it is! I'm constantly amazed by it!

A while back Charles got a call from a childhood friend...hadn't seen him since high school! He had looked in the white pages (online) and found exactly where he lived and the phone #! They talked for a long time.

...but with us girls- it's not that easy. Many of our friends from our young years may not know our married name! :(

June

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~ You have had a few visitors lately, surprise ones and helpful ones.
I spotted the photo on your profle as
soon as I saw it. I hope Chris had a great birthday. They make us feel old !!
You must have enjoyed seeing 2 of your
sisters and their husbands recently.
I get behind with reading at times as
I get too tired by night. Take care June
Hugs, Merle.

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junierose
Great news to think blogging found your sons friend and Happy belated birthday to Chris.
Take care call again, Jan

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jan,

Thanks for coming by-and for the birhday greetings.

It was a big surprise to be 'found' that way through my blog! :) Very nice.

Junie

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Peter said...

Always good to catch up with old friends June.

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Peter,

:) Yes- I like surprises like that.

Thanks for coming by.

June

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Yes, indeed, it DOES make me feel old to realize my kids are middle age now- and my grandkids, all grownup!

Sorry you've been feeling so tired.

Yes, I did enjoy visiting with my folks this past weekend! We don't get together enough, with everyone being so busy.

Hope you're having a good day!

June

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger TJ said...

isn't it amazing as vast as the world and the internet is...people can still manage to find one another??
:-D

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

YES-it really is amazing! ;) Yesterday was such a nice surprise for us...


Junie

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Well how cool was that? I'm glad the 2 will finally get together agian!

And Chris is just a little over a month older than me! I'll be 47 in October ;)

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carolyn,

Yes, it was pretty cool-the way it happened!

( lol- Who can say now that my blog is a waste of time!!! haha)

Yes- yer my son's age!

LOL- I'm old enough to be everybody's mama!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home