Junie's Place: Country scenes we love!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Country scenes we love!



Charles and I both love all things country (in scenery) and all things OLD! Old barns have always been favorites ...also sunflowers...cows...horses...fields of wildflowers (any and all kinds) ...old houses... old tractors and trucks...old folks too! :)


To end my Alabama posts I want to share a few more country scenes we enjoyed this trip. It was raining the times we were out, as some of the pictures will show!


~~~Through the eyes of Junie Rose~~~























































The old cotton shed still stands!

Go here for a story from my husband's childhood, concerning this old log building!

...and here!


Note:

The white flowers are 'Queen Anne's Lace', a wild flower that grows in meadows and along roadways, throughout Alabama. I always associated it with Alabama but my search tells me this plant grows in every state in the USA and much of the world!

This is an interesting website with lots of info about Queen Anne's Lace!



~~~



The purple flower also grows wild in this area. This is the Passion Flower, also known as May-Pop. It has edible fruit. I remember finding these on walks with my mom when I was a young girl and eating the sweet fruit!

Here is a website about this plant!




Enjoy Life!


Junie

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

What a sweet post...I loved all of the Alabama country photo's...I've been to Ft Payne and to Wynfield...I have a picture of the kudzu that I shared on my other blog about this time last year...I love their manner of speech too...the slowwwwwww drawwwwwwwwwl ya'lllllllll...teehee!!
:)

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,


Thanks for looking and reading!

I remember reading your post about the Kudzu last year! And, in fact, I took pictures of it but didn't post about it-(Meant to - but didn't!) That stuff is awful-IMHO! I don't like it at all!

:) yah- you can recoginize a deep south accent right away! Alabama, Ga, Tn. and North Florida- are pretty much the same I guess.

Actually, I don't think I talk with a southern drawl as I lived in Miami most of my life! :) but I probably would sound southern to ppl from the north!

Accents have always fascinated me!

Junie

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Like you, I love anything country, vintage, old, whatever you want to name it! lol I've just read the story about Charles and the old cotton shed...goodness, he is indeed very lucky to have survived being placed face down in that cotton!!! Boys! lol Wonderful pictures, Junie! xox

 
At 1:23 AM , Blogger Val said...

Enjoyed seeing these photos, reading the log cabin story (scary though!), and loved the woodpecker photos in your other post.

Re accents, I've lived in Australia for 33 years and still have an American accent, with some Aussie flavor. If an Aussie hears me they immediately know that I'm not an Aussie, but if an American hears me they will often think I've got an Aussie accent. People pick up on the differences from their own accents, I think.

 
At 8:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Woodpecker shot are excellent Junie. We have three types here but not that big fellow. The Queen Anne's Lace was interesting. That is what is all over my yard.

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Val,

So happy you're enjoying my pictures and stories!(Lots of stories from my husband's childhood. (my childhood story is on one of my other blogs...My mom blog on the side bar)

Take care,


Junie

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Mary (Momma)

Thanks for looking! I was thrilled to get those pics of the woodpeckers! Wish I could have got closer, tho.

:) I know that Queen Anne's Lace is just a wild plant but I love it! I have even , in years past, gathered the dead, dried stems and flower heads to use in dried flower arrangements in the fall!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home