Junie's Place: Music to share

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Music to share



Last night my son wanted me to hear a song he likes very much by a singer/group I was unfamiliar with! He had mentioned this guy before but I had never taken the time to listen to the music!

I liked the song Chris played for me on his CD and after he went out for the evening I thought I would see if the song could be found on Youtube!

Yes!! I found it and several others by this guy - Rob Dickinson-of- ( Catherine Wheel.)
I am not sure if Dickinson is solo now or if the band is still together using that name!

~~~This is all new for me!!~~~

Anyway- I was impressed with this song!
Hope some of you like it too!
Let me know what you think!


~~~

Rob Dickinson~~~"My Name is Love"




~~~

I am constantly amazed at the wide range of music I am able to find and appreciate these days! :)

My Name Is Love Lyrics (Rob Dickinson)


What's your name?
Just tell me where you can be found
My name is love i can't be found, no
Then name your cost
Then let me pay my time is short
My name is love i can't be bought, no

When everything in sight
Ups and changes our lives
When everything else has died
My name is love
My name is love
My name is love
Love
Love

All i say is
My life has changed in many ways
If your name is love show me some grace, yeah

When everything you know
Falls apart when the wind blows
When everything seems so tough

My name is love
My name is love
My name is love
Love
Love

~~~

Enjoy!

Love,
Junie

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 12:36 PM , Blogger Judypatooote said...

It is amazing that we can now listen to anything we want through our tiny little computer....I can tell you are a music lover....this guy sounds really nice....another one I love who you don't hear alot about is Jack Johnson.....love him...

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judy,

Thanks for stopping by...I DO think this song is very nice-so I need to hear more of this guys music. I'll check out Jack Johnson, too!

:) Yes- I love music these days , more than I ever have...and like to experience new music. (lol- most is old- but new to me!!!)

Ahhh- yes- the computer age constantly amazes me!!

Junie

 
At 1:44 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

We are You Tube fanatics too. My son is always having me watch videos of bands he likes. My brother sends me links to funny videos of people falling down or losing their dentures.
You Tube is a wonderful thing!!

 
At 1:45 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Hubby and I enjoyed the guitar!!
:)

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,


:) I like those funny vids too.

Poor people...I wonder and often HOPE that their permission was given to show some of these videos!

...But the music is just wonderful!!
WOW!
Well- you understand-I am an OLDER lady and all this new stuff seems almost like magic to me!! :)


Junie

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for looking and I'm glad you and yer hubby liked that!

Junie

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'd never heard of him before either but I really enjoyed that song! Such beautiful words to it and I love his voice!!! I'm still giggling at the picture in the previous post of the frog in the cat's plate! lol That is too cute! Like you, I love how everything looks in the evening and when you take pictures of flowers, the background is black while the flower is so bright:-) xox

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes, I love that about taking pictures in the late evening...It's funny how just the bright flowers show up!

I'm happy you enjoyed that video. I like it a lot!


Junie

 
At 5:13 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Great song, and singer,
there is so much music to enjoy. I
love the photos of your flowers and the frogs. we don't see many frogs
these days. Thanks for your visit, glad you enjoyed the jokes, and I do
love my wall hanging the kids made me. Take care, June, Love, Merle.

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

I think I have trouble hearing the true sound of this stuff from youtube. It might be my $5 speakers.
I looked on down to see if I had missed anything and saw the cornbread and Ham and Beans and wondered if I had somehow missed the invitation? One of my favorite meals.

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,

Thanks for coming by to visit.

And I am glad you liked this song I posted! This guy just has something appealing to me in the way he delivers a song- although it's not my usual Rock music! :)

I'll be around later to see what's new with you>

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hey Cliff,

:) you're just being kind! You wasn't real 'Taken' with this guy, ehh?? :)


Ahh- Cliff- sorry you missed out on the corn bread meal. I just never thought you could make it on such short notice! :) Next time !!

Take care,

Junie Rose

 
At 2:17 AM , Blogger wazza said...

Gidday Junie,

I'm a huge music lover (have over 600 CD's and a 1000's LP's (what are those??) but I wasn't very taken with this song. I guess it takes all kinds, altho' I must admit my music taste has changed as the years pass. I was never a fan of disco in the 70's but now love it. When my stepdaughter was young she loved Suzi Quatro and I was forever telling her to turn it down and now she one of my favourite artists....strange how things go around.

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

I don't know a lot about this guy or band but my song likes them a lot. I DO like this song, tho.

I never cared much for disco either...except for the Saturday Night Fever craze with the movie and John Travolta!

Wow! You have a lot of music! My son probably has close to that much but I don't.

Hey- very nice talking to a music lover! :)

Thanks.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home