Junie's Place: 2~27~08 (Gordon Lightfoot fans)

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

2~27~08 (Gordon Lightfoot fans)



Just checking in to say 'hi' and let you know I'm still around. Not feeling great but better than I was. Now it seems I'm just fighting a regular type cold. My energy level is down~ both physically and mentally, so haven't felt like doing much of anything!
~~~
Yesterday was an interesting day for me. I received several emails from a Gordon Lightfoot Super Fan. She had found my site here when I posted recently on the Gordon Lightfoot concert which Charles and I attended.

When I say 'Super Fan' I am in no way exaggerating. This lady has been to about 60 concerts (if my memory serves) and has seen Mr. Lightfoot, backstage, many times. She sent me numerous pictures of Gordon, and of Gordon with her and friends, over a span of many years. She has also conducted a long interview with him, by phone. This, and so much more, is posted on this website/forum, where she serves as moderator. Gordon Lightfoot fans will find this site to be well worth a visit! I certainly did.

~~~

This is a Youtube some fans put together of the festival/tribute they have in Gordon's honor.
They get together (yearly, I believe) and play his music and just celebrate! This is held at Massey Hall in Toronto. This is a loyal fan club gathering known as 'The Net People' and managed by 'Char' of the above mentioned Fan forum! Click on this vid to go to youtube and read more about this gathering of fans ~ ALL Super Fans! :)




~~~

For myself~ it has been quite enjoyable~ getting back into the music of the wonderful, Gordon Lightfoot!


Junie






Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I've been to Massey Hall a number of times but way back when. I've never heard GL live. Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Well, I am glad to hear you are starting to feel better, but I'm sorry to hear you are still battling a cold.
I hope you are out of this physical/mental slump very soon. Being ill really drags us down.
That is neat about the Gordon Lightfoot SUPER fan!

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Keep feeling better Junie. Those pics in your previous post were too cool....I felt like I was on some psychedelic trip into your flu-bug. Take care sweetie...

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

That feeling of exhaustion is the one thing I found the hardest to get over when I got sick with the flu...in fact, it's still a bit with me. How wonderful that you're in contact with such true Gordon Lightfoot fan:-) xoxo

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, I'm so glad your starting to feel better now,trouble is I've started sneezing and sniffling hope I'm not getting it too.

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all of you, for visiting me here and your good wishes.

I'm feeling better and will be back visiting real soon.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home