Junie's Place: Blooms In The Rain

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Blooms In The Rain


It's a dismal, drizzly, day here but I wanted to get out for a few moments to check on my late winter blooms around the yard! This time of year is a little depressing to me, with so much brown in the landscape; so these blooms are a cheery sight.

The red Camellias are in full bloom. I showed a couple of perfect red blooms in my Ruby Tuesday post this week. THIS picture is a shot of the 3 red bushes that I have, showing how abundantly they do bloom; also note the fallen blossoms around the bushes.

( click on pics to enlarge )


I only have one bush of this delicate pink Camellia and I'm sorry this picture is a little blurred.
It is just now coming into bloom- while the red ones have been blooming for awhile now.


Apparently these flowers each have their own time for blooming because a neighbor brought me these blooms below from his place, at least 3 weeks ago.

There are many colors/varieties/sizes of these flowers! Some of these were really spectacular-in color and in size!


















The Azaleas are starting to bloom, too. When they are fully bloomed out they are a solid blanket of pink, with barely a bit of the green leaves showing! We have a long, double line of these and they put on quite a show! :)


And here are a couple of early blossoming trees-the Wild Plum, with white blooms and the Red Bud, with pink blooms!
















I love all these early blooming plants but they all have very short blooming times!

:) However, they serve to get me in the mood for more flowers to come in Spring and Summer!


Enjoy!


Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

Omigosh, I can't get over all the beautiful flowers you have blooming already...it will be another 2 months before I even see anything growing out of the ground! lol We've been having snowstorms here the last couple of days and my internet keeps going out so I haven't been able to use the computer much. Hopefully it stays on now while I try to visit a few of my favourite blogs:-) xoxo

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger Judy said...

You are so lucky to have anything blooming. It is very cold here and several months before anything will bloom. Your flowers are beautiful. I love azaleas. They are one of my favorite flowers.

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Gosh! Already?? I Really need to start looking around in my little world!! These are Beautiful!!hughugs

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger Susie said...

You have many of the same things blooming that we do:) As you say, they get us in the mood for more flowers!
xo

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Sally said...

So very beautiful - thanks, Junie, for sharing with us. I've not had good luck with my one camellia, however this year it finally has bloomed a bit. I had transplanted it a while back from the front to back yard. Yours remind me of my late aunt's yard. I imagine hers were planted 40 or so years ago, and still going strong!!

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger dot said...

Yipee!! If spring has arrived in Florida then it will soon work it's way up to Georgia.

 
At 3:29 AM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You and I have similar feelings about wintry weather.
Of course, in Florida you don't have harsh winters, and I've been in CA during the hardest times of winter this year. Arkansas got hammered with that ice storm, and I missed it. Hooray!
I love spring and fall the most, and I also love summer if I don't have to be out in the humidity all the time.
Your bloomers are lovely.
Tee Hee!!!

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We have one hyacinth blooming -- indoors! :)

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Junie, you have a green thumb! Beautiful! It's been warm here in Tennessee the last couple of weeks. Daffodils have begun to bloom, but it is supposed to snow tonight.

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ThankALL for your nice comments about the flowers.

These flowers grow and bloom without any care at all from me!

So-Sarah-I really can't take any credit for having a 'green thumb!' :)

Happy Spring!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home