Junie's Place: Yesterday ~ V Day

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yesterday ~ V Day


We had a good Valentine's Day! Hope you all did, also. Charles and I had planned to go out for a seafood dinner to a place by the Withlocoochee River called Stump knockers. Their speciality is cat fish which Charles loves; me too - and also the fried mushrooms! We opened our gifts to each other before leaving for dinner! No elaborate gifts this time...candy, perfume, and an orchid plant and candle for me- and 2 books and candy for him! :)

Charles gave me a beautiful card and I thought I had bought a beautiful card for him when out the other day...but upon arriving home I realized the card somehow had not made it home with me! :( Maybe it fell out of my cart before I reached the check out stand or maybe the checker failed to put it in a bag for me! Whatever- I didn't want to make another trip out for a card ( a 15 mile round trip) so I had to improvise! :) I usually have a stash of misc-all occasion cards around and I'd find something! Ok -I found a blank card with a Cardinal bird on it! LOL- at least it was the right color for V-Day- and I was able to say the words I wanted to say! When I gave it to him and explained about the lost card and - and said, "This is your CARD,"....he said, "It sure is." pointing to the 'CARD-inal' bird!

;) It worked out!


Here are our gifts and cards:















We invited Tina and Alli to meet us at the restaurant and was happy they could come.
(even tho Alli is not feeling well with the dental/orthodontics work she's having done! :( )

The restaurant is in a very scenic location, right by a river. wichlacoochee
The grounds by the river are just beautiful to this Florida girl's eyes.....so Old Florida!

The trees are Cypress and you can see some 'knees' beside some of them! In the past I have used these in making my craft santas!




























































































The Cat Fish!!










That gator sure looks real, doesn't he?












Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That looks like a pretty neat restaurant.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi, AC,

Yes! It is a cool place to see- just the kind of thing I like!

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

All your photos are wonderful of your Valentine evening!
I especially like the image of you and Charles beside that Cypress tree. The tree is so elegant looking. Love the flowing lines of it.

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Carletta,

I like the looks of those trees too!

And the way the 'Knees' grow up out of the ground is pretty cool! :) They make excellent Santas!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home