Junie's Place: Poem: Steps TO The Rest Of My Life

Friday, February 20, 2009

Poem: Steps TO The Rest Of My Life



NOTE:
Sky Watch Friday post below this one.



~Just a poem from June~


~~~


Steps to the Rest of My Life

Today I will pause
on the way to tomorrow,
and I’ll reflect
on yesterday.
I’ll examine the reasons
for my pain and my sorrow-
determine which debts
I must pay!
I’ll retrace the steps
that led me to this-
this cold place of darkness
and fear!
And I’ll slay the dragons
- if they still exist -
and the demons
that invited me here!
I’ll leave them in ashes
and never look back-
get rid of the pain and the strife!
I’ll tentatively take
my first steps to the future-
those steps to the rest of my life!


June Kellum
Feb.2004

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I always enjoy reading your poems, this one is beautiful as well. The title is just perfect, isn't it! xoxo

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Thanks- I'm glad you like some of my poems.

This is not a new one as you can see by the date. (not sure if I posted it before...but maybe I did) It's a simple one but I was satisfied with it- the words came together to express what I was feeling, exactly.

Junie

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Hello. I found you at Rachel's and decided to come for a visit.
I like the poem.I think we can all relate.

Your sky watch photos are really great. I can't see the sunset from where I live. We have hills and woods in the way but sometimes I drive to the bay and see them. I'm only about five minutes from there.

 
At 7:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a way with expressing your feelings that many will never attain. Thank you for the poem.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Sally said...

What a great poem, Junie. You really have a way with words, and I appreciate your outlook on life. ((HUGS))

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well done! Some days there are dragons to slay, but ya gotta keep on pluggin ahead.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hello, Mountain Mama,

Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my poem and viewing my sunsets. That's 2 things I like to do :) ...watch sunsets and write poems!

I have seen you around some of my favorite blogs. Surprisingly, you and I have never met before now, isn't it!

I gave a quick visit to your blog but didn't have the time right then to do much there. I'll be back when I get caught up with stuff.

Thanks,

Junie

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Momma

Sally

AC,

Thanks to all of you for reading my poems and for the comments!

I will visit you soon.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home