Junie's Place: Victory Ride~2~22~'09 ...and more

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Victory Ride~2~22~'09 ...and more






Our Victory ride today!

Today was a beautiful day for riding - with the blue sky and white clouds just the way I like it best-and cool temps. Charles said it was a little too windy for him...;) but I was pretty much shielded from the wind, sitting behind him! Guess it was not as much fun for him- riding into the wind...

I just sit back there with my camera and get my pictures! The sky was a wondrous sight today and so I got a lot of cloud pictures!











This is me - enjoying the ride!
I, truly, had a smile on my face most of the day! :)
This was my first ride in awhile!






Our destination was our Motorcycle dealer where we bought our Victory - north of Gainesville.
They were having an event to bring former and potential customers in to see the new motorcycles and other RVs that they sell. They had food and drinks and also a Raffle drawing for gifts of shirts and caps-and one for a cash prize! We didn't win any of those! Charles bought me a shirt, though.
( I told him, "I'll wear that tomorrow when we go on
another ride!) HAHA

Here are some of the motorcycles in the showroom! WOW! Lots of pretty, shiny bikes there...












...but none as pretty as our green one! :) We are in agreement that we have the prettiest motorcycle that we've
ever seen!













Here we are getting ready for our return trip home. Lots of bikes and riders here!

























South of Gainesville lies the Paynes Prairie.

(Paynes Prairie is a Florida State Park, encompassing a 21,000 acre (85 km²) savanna south of Gainesville, Florida, in Micanopy. It is also a U.S. National Natural Landmark. It is crossed by both I-75 and U.S. 441 (which has a scenic outlook ramp).


We got a real treat today, riding through this area. All the years we've lived here we had never seen the high number of alligators in the swamps as we saw today off the west side of the road we were traveling on! Of course there is a high chain link fence separating the road from the swamplands and also a concrete wall structure where the water comes to. The gators were all along the opposite low bank of this water! There were dozens - just along the area where we stopped! All these pics are each of separate gators...and this is not
all that I got!




























Oh, my!
How would you like to be lost in there at night and trying to find your way out! haha




I was tired when we got home late in the afternoon- but it had been a fun day!


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 7:12 AM , Blogger Margie's Musings said...

Sounds like great fun!!

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger Sally said...

OMGoodness, Junie - I'm gonna have nightmares tonight about alligators!! I remember when the kids were little and jumping off the dock into the river; I didn't even want to hear about it!!

Have always wanted to go to Micanopy, but if there's gators close by, I think I'll just stick close to home. hahahaha

Glad you and Charles had such a wonderful day. You guys always have fun, and it's wonderful!!

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awww Junie, I'm so glad you were able to go for a Victory ride:-) Wow, look at all those motorcycles, lots of money in that room! lol I agree with you and Charles, you have the pretties motorcycle of all! hehe

Omigosh look at those alligators! Thank goodness there's a fence separating them from the roads...has there ever been a case of a loose alligator on the streets?? I don't know what would be worse, our black bears or your alligators! lol xoxo

 
At 10:17 AM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
Glad you had a fun day with Chas.
I just can't believe all those alligators! Hope they stay put behind the fences, etc!
xo

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It looks like a delightful day. Very springy.

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger dot said...

I would rather see gators and motorcycles than snakes. eeeekkkkkkk! I refuse to look at the above post and Alli's bracelet.

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Margie,

Yes, we have fun on our rides!

Thanks for looking


Junie

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sally,

Yes, we had fun and seeing those gators was a real thrill for me! LOL-I was very glad of that fence between us. I had never seen so many in one place before! I guess they were all there because of the water as most of the marshland seemed to be very dry.

Micanopy is such a neat old town and I try to get to the fall festival every year. It's right after Halloween, I think! Would be cool if you and I and our daughters and granddaughters and yer little Hunter , could meet up there this fall! :)

Junie

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yep, you hear ever now and then, of alligator sightings in towns near waterways. We have gators throughout the state and they sure can be a danger to people and small animals! For that reason I have never wanted to have lakeside property-(lol- not that we could anyway)

OH! I'd be afraid of your bears too-and , come to think of it, we also have bears out in the Ocala National Forest. We are about 15 miles west of there.


Hugs))


Junie

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Susie,

Yep a real fun day for the old folks! :)

Those gators were a sight to see - so many in one place!

See you at FB :)


Junie

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

Yes, it was a really fine day and we had fun on the ride.

Thanks for coming over.

Junie

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Hi DOT<

haha- sorry 'bout the snakes!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home