Junie's Place: About my puppy....

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

About my puppy....

~~~
The day before we left for our trip  my puppy, 'Emmy Rose,' went to the groomer lady for her first clip...

It was a little like sending your kid off for her/his first day of school. I was a little apprehensive of how she would do with this new experience...

Charles took her for me and reported back that the 'poodle lady' had sternly reprimanded him, saying we should have had her in way sooner than we did- to get her used to the process...

Well, for goodness sake...she was only just over 3 months old!!!  Doesn't everyone getting a poodle pup want to keep that little fluff ball in the poofy stage for a few weeks??  Besides...there's only ONE first time for doing anything- and I don't think it would have made a whole lot of difference if she got her first clip at 6 weeks or at 9 weeks or 12 weeks - etc-etc!

Some people just want to be bossy-is what I'm thinking!  :)

  LOL!  Anyway- my little girl did fine with the grooming...still, the lady says we need to bring her in  every 2-3 weeks-for awhile- to get her used to the process! :)  OK, We can do that.

~~
These are the *before* and ~after~  pictures of my puppy!

**





 ~ ~




Notice how much lighter she is?  She's gonna be 'silver,' looks like!
I like that!
~
 While we were away on our trip, Emmy stayed at Alli's house and got in a lot of quality time with her buddy, 'Cooper.' Looks like they had a grand old time together!  I don't think Emmy missed me at all!

:(

But I missed her!





Junie



 


Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:33 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Wow, she looks SOOO different now! More grown up. But still adorable! I was going to ask who was taking care of her during your trip... I'm glad she had so much fun with Cooper! Love the pic of them together on the couch, all excited! :)

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) I know!! Couldn't believe how much that clip changed the way she looks!

Oh! It was non-stop play time with Cooper! :)

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Consider yourself reprimanded, Junie. lol

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

lol!!!

OH! For sure, AC!

(Next poodle pup I get I'll think long and hard about getting her clipped for the first time, exactly on the right day and hour!)

J.

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Donna said...

We've had poodles for Years and never Once have I been told this!
Sounds more like a money issue to me!
She's adorable Junie!!
hughugs

 
At 9:46 AM , Anonymous momma said...

A haircut for Emma is just like a haircut for us. It kind of redefines how we look doesn't it. I would take to find another groomer rather than put up with the abuse Charles had to. I certainly hope she treated Emmy kinder than that.

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I like the way she looks before the cut. I love that little puppy look. As for the two to three week return, sounds like a way to make money to me.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Awwww look at her, she's so adorable but I agree with the others, she looks completely different after her grooming, but still adorable! I agree with you, that groomer was much too bossy:-) She wants you to bring her every 2 to 3 weeks? Geez, even us humans don't go for a trim that often!! Glad she had such a fun time with Cooper and I have no doubt she missed you too:-) xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home