Junie's Place: About our Christmas

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

About our Christmas



Hope you enjoyed seeing the slides of some of our Christmas pictures... I especially hope the family sees it and likes it!
But ~ what's not to like! These were some happy hours for us all!

:)

Note:

Slide show in post below this one!


~~~

OK ~ I have to give credit where it's due ...and admit that Charlie did most of the cooking of the turkey and dressing this time ~ from the making of the corn bread ~to chopping the onions and celery ~to putting the stuffing together and stuffing the turkey!

~~~ To be honest- I just found myself at a point of a mental and physical exhaustion and didn't feel I could manage any more. Charles is always able to pull us (me) through! (Have I ever said what a 'jewel' of a man he is? ) I even let the banana pudding go this time! ( first time in years I haven't done a banana pudding for Christmas...so you know this had to be a bad time for me)...Don't get me wrong...I did not sit and twiddle my thumbs while he was cooking...I did the potatoes and the side dishes...and I had done a lot of baking of goodies before the big day...and I had done the Eve buffet meal! It's just that on this day I let Charles totally be in charge of seeing to the turkey and dressing! I have to say it turned out perfect, too! I told my girls I felt guilty, posing for our picture together with the turkey - since I had nothing to do with cooking it! Lol
- but I did it anyway -
'Ham' that I am! ~~~






In spite of my tiredness and whatever...(sadness-for one thing-) we still had a wonderful time with the kids all here. I'm always thankful to have them for one more time - all together.

~~~

I want to show you some of my neat gifts...

The picture of 'The Who' is from Zach! I like it a lot and was pleased that he got it for me on his trip to Chicago!
( He was thinking about me even on this most exciting trip he was on! LOL- So there, folks! That means I'm special! :) )

Dan and Brian both got me a book as they both know I enjoy reading very much.
Both look quite interesting, too! I'll look forward to reading them both. And of course, too, the Dean Koontz book that Charles gave me!

Chris gave me another CD today that he had forgotten to give me when he gave me my other things on the 21st. This is a Warren Zevon...Warren Zevon Preludes~rare and unreleased recordings! This will be something I will enjoy having, as I was/am a big fan of the late, Warren Zevon.

The angel figure and blown glass santa are from Tam and Terry... I love them both!
They are very fine pieces to add to my Christmas collectibles! They will be displayed in my santa case all year.

The little snow-people and candy dish are from Alli! Very cute! They are a salt/pepper shaker set but I'm just gonna keep them with my other santas, etc, and have them to look at all year!

Next is from Tina and Marc...tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot- for Charles and me! What a nice and unexpected surprise!
( haha-the best kind of surprises-those unexpected ones :)!!!)
We both liked his music during the 70s-80s . I know we will enjoy this concert. It will be in February and it's in Gainesville... a 45 minute ride from our place. We'll plan a nice meal before the show! YAH!! Should be a lot of fun!




Last but not least (among other things) Charles got me this video camera! I hope I can learn how to use it! You all know me and new things!! :[ And getting it set up with the computer will be tricky, I'm sure! Worse part is, Marc has to leave tomorrow and won't be able to help me! I guess Alli can help me figure things out!



Charles told me a few days ago that he didn't know what to get me and wanted to get me something I would really enjoy...OK- It hasn't gone unnoticed that I like to play with pictures and such - I said recently that I NEVER want to be without a camera or computer... He KNOWS I have fun with all this stuff!


What he said was.."I'm not gonna get you any jewelry because it's a waste of money!... And you got every 'd - - - ' thing you can think of! " ....and something about me only having 10 fingers ~ for to wear rings on... ;)
True...after all these years together...all the Christmases-anniversaries-birthdays- I DO have a lot of nice jewelry items!
( but not near-Everything! ;) )

LOL- So the camera was a good choice! Still- I insisted I wanted to be surprised, so he picked it out on his own!


( Sorry my pics aren't in order )












OK~

We had a good one~

Hope you all did too!


Love,

Junie




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:41 PM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lucky, lucky you!!! A video camera. Wow.

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Have fun with that new video camera!
Charles is indeed a dear, dear man.
I'm so glad he's so helpful.
I'm also glad you enjoyed time with your family, and had a marvelous meal together.
I wish you many more delicious meals and family gatherings in 2008!!

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh!!
I forgot to say that your holiday slideshow is wonderful!!!!
LOTS of smiles!!!!!

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for coming over- Jamie Dawn and Anni!


I'm sure I'll enjoy the video camera- once I get it figured out ! :)


Happy New Year to you both-and your families!

Love,


Junie

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Glad you had a really neat Christmas :) The gifts are great!

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks! We DID have a good one here!

Hope you did too.

Junie

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Skye said...

How cool that you got a video camera! Charles was very smart to think of such a gift for you. I can see you have been enjoying it a lot already!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home