Junie's Place: Alli and Tina

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Alli and Tina

Yesterday Alli and Tina stopped by after Tina's shift at work.

Tuesday and Wednesday Alli has been 'shadowing' her mom at work. Tina works 12 hour + --shifts, so Alli got a good picture of what it's like to be a nurse! I think it was good experience for her. Tina (along with one other RN) is head of the IV team at the hospital and is usually very busy and on her feet almost constantly, on most days; being available all over the hospital, where ever her services are needed. Alli was tired, after 2 days of this! :) But now has a better idea of the real world out there!

I'm proud of Alli. This wasn't a requirement but she wanted to do it!

~~~

They went out to look at the patio project and to see my cats!


















We see a lot of dead branches high up in the trees that need to be removed before putting the roof on the patio. I guess the job will be delayed until we can get a 'tree man' out to do this!


I love looking up into those majestic branches!

...And just look at that new spring green!!




Happy spring day to all of you!


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:14 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Good for Alli, and thank goodness for nurses like Tina. It's a hard job!

Always enjoy your pictures, Junie Rose!

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Sally. Yep- am proud of my girls! My son is, also, an LPN.
Isn't your Brittney in some kind of nursing program too?


Junie

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger dot said...

I might have told you before but my daughter is also named Tina, she's an RN and she works 12 hr shifts. Isn't that strange? lol. I used to work them too and it was rough.
So now I'm wondering if Alli is going to become a nurse.

 
At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Yes- I know your Tina is a nurse, as mine is. :) And we're both southern ladies and ...I guess- near the same age ( tho I'm just guessing on that-lol-I'm probably older- seems I'm older than most folks these days! ) -HAHA- what else?? OH! We both DO like barns and water towers a lot! :)

...But I was never a nurse.

Yes-Alli plans to be a nurse- or something in the medical field. She will have a year of college on high school graduation so she's on her way this fall!

Junie

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

It's no wonder you're so proud of Alli, she's certainly got a good head on her shoulders and makes me wish more kids her age would be like her!! I think it's excellent that she shadowed her mom at work, as you say, now she truly knows how tiring Tina's job is. I always say nurses don't get paid enough for everything they have to do!! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home