Junie's Place: Ruby Tuesday ~ For Sept 22, 2009 Alli and Lucy!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Ruby Tuesday ~ For Sept 22, 2009 Alli and Lucy!

~~~

It's Ruby Tuesday time again!






All summer I have been watching these little Hummers, right outside my kitchen window!
They are amazing little creatures - always entertaining to observe; very competitive - combative, even - at the feeder!

LOL-
And another thing about them...they are very hard to photograph!

This is not great but I'm happy I got it anyway!





~~~


Had some more happy red viewing this weekend, too! Our girl, Alli was home for a little visit-from college in Orlando. Luckily, she had some red in her dress so I can use these pics and be guilt free in this post! ;)

ok-ok- One might get the idea the attraction here was Lucy, the kitty!
That's ok - I STILL got to see her and hug her! Oh! She's missed a lot-that girl!










Love,
Junie

(Ginga)

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

16 Comments:

At 11:16 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Nice shots of Ali and Lucy and you!
I didn't see a hummer though. I didn't get one photo this summer.

Can't wait to see your horses. :)

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Oops - ALLI!

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,Carletta,

Oh, my goodness! My Hummer got lost somehow! (I'll repost it!)


Junie

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Looking kind of tall in that last picture there, Junie! ;)

Glad you got to see Alli. :)

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

haha-Skye,

Yep-all 5 feet of me there-standing TALL! ;)


Junie

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger Heidi said...

I recently caught a humming bird at a feeder in flight. I was so excited! You are absolutley right, they are impossible to catch most of the time. Loved the ruby bird feeder, it's beautiful in the photo.
And I'm glad that you had a nice visit. Her dress did work out rather well for today!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.

 
At 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! Hummers are hard to photograph. I have a few of those fast little devils zipping by our feeder and have yet to capture them. You did very well! A wonderful Ruby Tuesday photo and enjoyed the rest of your family. :)

 
At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good photo.Greeting from Bulgaria!

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Stephanie V said...

It's not easy getting those hummers. Good for you!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Regina said...

Beautiful red and lovely post!

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

I'm back from my weekend trip and now trying to visit everyone! You did a great job capturing that shot of the hummingbird...as you say, they're very hard to photograph!! The hummers have now left here to fly south and I really miss seeing them. Will now have to wait until next May before they show up again.

Beautiful pictures of Alli with the kitty, lots of love going on between those two:-) I'm glad she was able to visit for the weekend. xoxo

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger DeniseinVA said...

Lovely that you got to visit with your daughter Junie, lovely family photos, all of them.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Auntie E said...

that is a good shot of the hummingbirds. nice photos of your daughter. happy Ruby Tuesday

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Fun reds Junie! How's Alli liking College???hughugs

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Donna,

Oh, Alli is loving being in college-doing fine!

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ALL!

I guess most of us are fond of Humming Birds! :)

I'll try and visit you all soon!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home