Junie's Place: Smile :) & UPDATE!!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Smile :) & UPDATE!!


...just for a little smile... :)


( E-MAIL FROM A NIECE )

~~~

After starting a new diet I altered my drive to work to avoid passing my favorite bakery. I accidentally drove by the bakery this morning, and as I approached, there in the window were a host of goodies.

I felt this was no accident, so I prayed ... "Lord, it's up to you, if you want me to have any of those delicious goodies, create a parking place for me directly in front of the bakery."

And sure enough,

On the eighth time around the block , there it was!

God is so Good!

~~~

I liked that and it DID make me smile. :)

...and of course it got me to thinking of just how good fresh baked do-nuts are! Wish I had '3' right now to go with this fresh cup of coffee I'm having! I'd choose a glazed~a coconut~ and a chocolate one!

Alas! I have no job to drive to so no opportunity for God to direct me to a parking space in front of a bakery! :( A pity!

~~~

Well- our meal of the day was Chinese. We hadn't had it in awhile and it was quite good. We ate at the place where our grandson works, in Gainesville.

We had to go with Tina for her check-up and removal of the drain tube from the surgery procedure of last week. Hopefully, she will be much more comfortable now as she continues her recovery. She is doing ok.


This was my fortune cookie message!




Poor excuse for a dessert ...
but I'll wait for those promised opportunities...before writing the whole day off...








Love,

Junie Rose


~~~


UPDATE:

Opportunity knocked...



:)

Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:58 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

LOL how did that story of me driving around the bakery 8 times before I found a parking space in front of it get on the internet??? hehe Love it!! Glad to hear that Tina is mending well, she's in my prayers. Now you've got me hungry for Chinese food...hmmmm can't wait to see what those "opportunities" will be for you! lol xox

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- Miz Sweet Pea- was that you??

Oh yes- opportunity knocked- loud and clear!
I'll never doubt those fortune cookies again!


Junie

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Junie, you are so funny!! :)
I'm glad you ended up with a yummy treat! I'm about to go to the store for a piece of cake, just because I want a treat, so you're not alone, and neither is the lady driving round the bakery! :)

My, that's a huge ice cream!!

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

:) Yah- it was a BIG one! I think my husband asked them to make it huge- just to be funny! But I showed him!! I ate the whole thing! hahaha

Hey- enjoy your treat, too!


Junie

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Thanks for the smiles. If and when I eat donuts, I like the filled ones best - all the rest are close behind that though. :) Your "opportunity" is my kind of dessert. ec

 
At 11:33 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)


Yep- and it was good! I DO think Charles asked them to make it REAL BIG just to be funny...

Junie

 
At 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll say that is an opportunity. I just drooled on my enter key plus about a dozen others!

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL- Sorry!!

...that was a BIG opportunity I just couldn't refuse! ;)

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home