Junie's Place: Happy Day!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Day!



Oh! What a happy day we've had!

The following pictures will tell you why!

First, though, let me show you the 2 perfect Harvest Loaves I made late last night! These are a tradition in our family at Thanksgiving and Christmas!

:) I have been doing these holiday loaves for more years than you can imagine! When I find something I like I stick with it! :)

My sis and I both do these cakes every year...both our families expect them!

( LOL- Demand them- even!)






For the recipe go here-AGAIN!


~~~

This is the reason our day was happy... we got to see 3 of our grand kids and our daughter today!

Tina and Alli came up first.

I had asked Alli up to help me change my header ...to get us all ready for Turkey Day! :) I have trouble with computer things which my girl just breezes through...but that's beside the point-LOL- and nothing new to anyone here! ( But- luckily, I have Alli to help me out when I need it!)

OK- A little later our grandsons (Dan and Brian) walked in and it was completely unexpected! They live in Gainesville (a 45 minute drive from us) and we don't see them so often!

Charles, in his usual witty way said....(are you ready for this???) ....he said, "You guys are a 'sight for sore eyes!" LOL- Well,' I ' thought it was very funny - under the present circumstances!! ;)

Here we all are today- except for Tina and my son Chris- who didn't want to be in the pictures!








OK~ About that BMW motorcycle... Brian is buying it from us! He went through a drivers program to learn to ride! Charles says he rides well. I wasn't brave enough to even watch him drive out of the yard today! He won't take it just yet but will have a few more rides with Charles riding our Victory with him... before he's on his own with it.

I've promised Bri I will not worry...and... I will give it my best shot to keep that promise!


As you see in the pics, Charles' eyes are looking better. He still needs to apply the ice packs, though. I know it has been painful but I think he'll be fine in a few more days.


That was our day- a good one!

Hope you all had a happy day, too!


Junie



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 7:48 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'll have to read down further and find out what happened to Charles' eyes.

How wonderful that you've had visitors today, and surprise ones too, as well!!
One of your grandsons makes a handsome cowboy, and the other is going to be charging down the road on that motorcycle soon. He's handsome too, also. I'm sure he's thrilled about the bike!!
Alli looks as cute as ever, and I'm glad she helped you make your blog very turkey-ish.
:-)

Those loaves look yummy!!
No wonder they are in demand!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Jamie D!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Sally said...

What a great day you all had! I'm happy for you. The new header looks great, and the loaves so delicious. I'll have to check out your recipe! :)

 
At 11:00 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

What a lovely set of family pics Junie! Those grandkids are beautiful!
Glad to hear Charles' eyes are better. They do look better.

I've read the last few posts to catch up while I'm here.
I know how you feel about the holidays. I've been down too but we just have to remember we are not as young as we used to be.
The new header makes me hungry!
I enjoyed that older photo of Charles pretending to cut that paper turkey!! :)

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Those loves of bread look mighty fine if you ask me!! Yummy.

And your family coming to visit....love the 4th photo down! Those smiles tell us what life is...life is good!!

Stopping by to wish you a blessed Thanksgiving Junie.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Yep, Charles eyes look a lot better already Junie. He'll be good as new before you know it. Your grandkids sure a good looking bunch of kids...and they all seem just as nice too. There's one thing to count your blessing for, huh Junie?

As usual, those holiday loaves look as yummy as ever.....but that turkey as your header....YIKES....now that's the perfect banner to have right now. I can only assume that's one of YOUR yummy turkeys. It makes my mouth water. You get me every time Junie.... ~Joy xo

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Great looking family Miss Junie! EVEN Charles!Hahaa...poor thing!!
I'm Now hungry for TURKEY!! It looks great!!hughugs

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all you blogger gals!

Yep- that was our turkey last year! Hope this time it turns out that perfect!!

Thanks for all your nice words about my grand kids-lol- AND my Harvest Cakes!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!


Hugs))


Junie

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger dot said...

I'm glad you had a happy day and I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving also!
The harvest loaves look really good. I believe I'll be baking those real soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Dot!

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving too!

( The Harvest Loaves ARE very good! )


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home